We know these are unprecedented times in our history, requiring us to respond in new ways in how we teach and offer campus services. As we adapt, we must ensure that departments, faculty, and staff have the resources they need for success, while also ensuring good stewardship and appropriate business practices.
To that end, following are a few general reminders (please see below for specific guidance for faculty related to remote teaching):
- buyND is the preferred purchasing platform for Notre Dame needs, and items can still be ordered through buyND, which can be accessed through https://buy.nd.edu/. For more information on using buyND please view the buyND User Guide.
- Our strategic and preferred suppliers are, in most cases, able to deliver your goods within one to two days.
- Purchasing items through purchase order, the use of procurement cards or through OIT or our campus bookstore as direct FOAPAL charges is preferred to the use of a personal credit card. If items purchased through a personal credit card are deemed to not have a clear and reasonable business purpose, reimbursement will be denied.
- Home delivery of items is typically not allowed. However, we realize these are unprecedented times. For this reason, approved purchases(one that goes through buyND) can be delivered to your normal office location or directly to your home. Alternate delivery to a location other than your normal campus location must be arranged by directly communicating with the carrier for the parcel at the moment of placing the order. Please use this guide for adding an Adhoc Address, if ordering items to your home. If you need assistance please contact the Procurement Services help desk.
- Information on FedEx, UPS, DHL, Amazon and other small parcel deliveries: Small Parcel Deliveries
- Information on VWR orders and deliveries: VWR Orders & Deliveries
- Information on Airgas deliveries: Airgas Deliveries
- *IMPORTANT*: All Hazardous and Radioactive Materials must be delivered to Central Receiving.
- Coordinating technology purchases through OIT or the campus bookstore ensures that equipment meets the University’s standards for security and capability.
- Purchases of home office equipment, printers and ink, and related office supplies are typically not allowed. However, we understand these are rare circumstances and certain items can be obtained with approval of the Dean/Vice President or their designee for your college or school. It is recommended that faculty and staff bring their devices from their offices on campus or use the multi-function devices on campus.
- There is no reimbursement of home internet or cell phone expense.
- Please do not buy supplies such as masks, gloves, and sanitizers that are in critical supply, unless they are a core requirement of performing your duties (i.e. gloves and masks for use in research and cleaning supplies used by custodial staff are allowed).
- Please call the Procurement helpdesk at 574-631-4289, or contact anyone on the Procurement team. View contacts at: https://buy.nd.edu/contact/.
- Practice good stewardship of University resources by purchasing items that are a core need of your business purpose.
In a time of so much uncertainty, prudent stewardship of our resources is of high importance. We thank you in advance for your support of good business practices. Should you need assistance in acquiring items, Procurement Services is ready to help you.
Thank you again,
Linda Kroll, Associate Vice President for Finance
Gilberto Carles, Senior Director Procurement Services
SPECIAL FACULTY GUIDANCE RELATED TO REMOTE TEACHING
We in the Procurement Division want to assist you in meeting urgent needs you may have that are related to remote teaching. To that end, below please find specific information to help support getting you what you need.
- If you have specific teaching needs unique to your course, please direct those purchasing requests to your Dean/Vice President or their designee for approval.
- If you would like to use your research and professional development account to purchase already approved key technologies, such as iPads/tablets, headsets, webcams and stands, we have created a streamlined process for you in buyND. Please create a requisition in buyND, use the Strategic/Preferred supplier, and charge the purchase to your research and professional development account.