buyND+ Quick Reference Guides:
Invoice Related Videos:
How do I know if the supplier has been paid?
- Open the invoice document and view the Payment Status field - If the status shows "Paid" the supplier has been issued payment.
Do I need to enter a receipt if my PO is in a soft-closed status?
If your Standard PO is in a soft-close status, a receipt is not required. However, you can enter a receipt if you desire.
Why is my purchase order in a "soft close" status?
- The system will automatically match the invoice to the purchase order and to any receipts created on the purchase order. When these match, the system will automatically place the PO in a soft-close status.
Do I have to create a receipt for every purchase order?
- Yes, if your purchase order is over $150, it is important to create a receipt so Accounts Payable staff knows you received your product or service and therefore, the supplier can be paid.
What is invoice matching?
- The two-way match is used to compare the invoice received from a vendor with the Purchase Order. Three-way match is used to match the details of PO, Goods Receipt, and the Invoice document received from the vendor.
- Invoice matching in accounts payable allows the system to match the vendor's invoices with purchase orders and received quantities of goods or services before the invoices are processed and paid. It automates the verification of these documents to ensure that an invoice should be paid.