Approved Purchasing Methods
For the procurement of goods and services, there are three approved methods of purchase:
- Purchase Order: The first and preferred purchasing method at the University is to submit a requisition through buyND. Once approved, a requisition becomes a purchase order, which allows you to communicate the items, quantities, and prices for items or services to a supplier.
Procurement Card (Procard): The Procurement Card program at the University provides an efficient way to purchase low-dollar business-related goods and services. The Procard:
- Is a purchasing method for items less than $1,500 where a supplier will not accept a purchase order or is not enabled in buyND.
- Cannot be used to purchase from suppliers who are competitors of University strategic suppliers.
- Please click here for additional information or contact the Procard Administrator at (574) 631-4645 or email@example.com.
- Financial Toolkit: The Financial Toolkit should be used to request a payment to a business when neither of the first two methods are appropriate. Click here to access the Toolkit