As you may know, as a result of the Chart Enhancement Project, the changes to the program codes (in FOAPAL) will be effective July 1, 2013 across many systems, including buyND. Please be aware of the following operational matters for the buyND system:
- New program codes will be available in buyND effective July 1, 2013. All new requisitions and purchase orders processed after July 1 will need to have the new program code.
- Please update your profile with the appropriate program code value. This will save you time and make it easy to submit new transactions. Click here for the user guide with step-by-step instructions (PDF).
- Contact financial approvers for all pending requisitions to request their approval prior to July 1. Approving prior to July 1 will allow auto orders to process without manual intervention to update the program code.
- Existing purchase orders (created before July 1) that roll over to the new fiscal year will be converted to the new program code. This will only be viewable in GLez and other reporting tools. Updated program code on existing purchase orders and requisitions will not be visible in buyND.
- For your reference, here’s a link to the F-O-P Lookup Tool for FY14 https://coafoapaldefaults.nd.edu/
For questions regarding the new program code and other FOAPAL related matters, please contact the Controller’s Group at 1-7035 or email email@example.com. For questions related to buyND, please contact the Procurement Help Desk at 1-4289 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.