Accounting Codes and FOAPAL Information
What is my correct FOAPAL?
How can I verify the FOP combination?
Can I type in a FOAPAL if it is not in my drop down list?
How do I split the FOAP on a requisition?
How do I apply different FOAP's to different lines?
How do I add new FOAPAL(s) in my profile?
How do I set a default for my FOAPAL codes?
For information on FOAPAL values, please consult with your department's Business Manager or Budget Administrator. You can also find a listing of Account, Activity, and Location codes on the Controller's Group website.
The Controller’s Office has provided an FOP look up tool to help verify valid Fund, Organization, Program code combinations prior to submitting requisitions. Please click here to access the tool.
If you know the number, you may type it in the appropriate field(s).
- To split the entire requisition, from the “Edit Cart” page, scroll down to the “Codes and FOAPAL” section.
- Click “edit” and then click on “add split” and select the split type (% of price or % of quantity). This will give you new fields for the split.
- Enter the new FOAP and the distribution percent.
- Click “Save”.
- From the “Edit Cart” page, click on “Codes and FOAPAL” tab.
- By default, the system will apply the FOAP at the header level to all lines. Scroll down to the specific line item and click on the “edit” button next to the Accounting Codes (FOAP).
- Enter the new FOAP values.
- (Optional) If you want to split this particular line item, follow the same steps as “How do I split the FOAP”.
- Click “Save”.
Please refer to profile setup section of the Training Manual (PDF) for instructions on how to setup additional FOAPAL information in your profile.
- Add the account number to your profile.
- Select the account number you want to set as your default from the list on the left side of the sceen.
- The number appears on the right, check the default box to the left of the number.
- Click "Save"